Popular Posts

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The SCARIEST Moment of My Life!

All it takes is a moment..
This little guy right here - Mr Independent - was under water... the only thing that was out of the water was his hand - reaching for something.  If I was one second faster I would have jumped in the pool my self - but my husband was in there with his cell phone in his pocket grabbing our little boy out of the water.
That vision will forever be etched in my memory - the sight of his blond hair - COMPLETELY floating around him- the look in his eyes (they were open) his little hand reaching for something- anything... One moment...

1 comment:

  1. Scary, indeed! I had a similar moment a few years back when my youngest daughter was 3. She was choking on a bite of extra-cheesy pizza. It only took a few seconds to resolve the situation, but in that flash of time it felt like everything was moving in slow motion. She was TRULY 9-11 choking, not just that weird thing kids do when their mouths and throats get uncoordinated. It took a couple of passes for me to swipe that pizza out of her mouth, but I got it. I imagine that the same panic I felt is what you did.

    ReplyDelete